Saturday, August 19, 2017


Okay this is starting to get real! T- 6 days until transfer! So I had an ultrasound on Monday to check the lining of my uterus and it was only 5.3mm which was a little thin so they increased my estrogen to thicken it up! Have I mentioned that I feel AMAZING when my estrogen is high? So I wasn't to upset about this! Lol I was super anxious to go to my appointment yesterday for a repeat ultrasound to see if the change had worked (I had also started some self fertility massage I was prescribed by Dr. Google 😜). The lining needs to be between 7-8mm for transfer and at my ultrasound yesterday all of the measurements were greater than 7mm!!! Needless to say I was relieved!


I start on the Progesterone shots on Sunday and will continue until I am 12 weeks pregnant. I am SO not looking forward to these! They are suspended in oil so it's super thick and like injecting olive oil into your glute! I have been frantically searching the internet to find ways to make these shots more manageable and so far what I have come up with is to heat the bottle before drawing up the medicine with body heat or a heating pad, use topical lidocaine to numb the area an hour before the shot, and massaging the area for 5 min after each injection to avoid knots. Looks like I need get up a little earlier than usual from now on to make are I have time for all these steps! Lol

I am scheduled for the transfer next Friday 8/25 at 1:30pm! Prayers that day are much appreciated! I will then have bloodwork 5, 10, and 13 days after to monitor my hormone levels and confirm the pregnancy! Even though I will be considered PUPO (Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise), I still have a two week wait to get the official confirmation! 

2 comments:

  1. I am soooo excited for you and George!...and for me as Pops, soon to be. Lol. Praying for you everyday. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dad! We can't wait for you to be an official Pops!

      Delete